KDE 3.2 update. anyone suceed??
hi,
kdm screws up on me after a 3.2 kde upgrade.
i dont think it correctly installed..
kdeinit error is reported before the splash screen and the login is streched across the whole middle screen. I can still login but not see what Im typing. also fonts have vanished. I have to set console to courier to see anything.
how do I apt-get correct my kde install.?
cheers,
bill
Re: KDE 3.2 update. anyone suceed??
Quote:
Originally Posted by wmcn
hi,
kdm screws up on me after a 3.2 kde upgrade.
i dont think it correctly installed..
kdeinit error is reported before the splash screen and the login is streched across the whole middle screen. I can still login but not see what Im typing. also fonts have vanished. I have to set console to courier to see anything.
how do I apt-get correct my kde install.?
cheers,
bill
To check to see if you have any leftovers from 3.1 that you may have to upgrade use COLUMNS=125 dpkg -l | grep 3.1.[345] that should give you a list of any that are still at the old version. Once logged in go into the Control Center then System Administration and choose the Login Manager and make some adjustments to the settings after having used the Administrator Mode button to become root. Where are you getting the packages from?