How to remove KDE and reinstall KDE 3.1.5?
Hey all!
In my enthusiasm to try out KDE 3.2, I tried to install it using the debian packages in the press release, at download.kde.org.
It half-worked. My computer will load KDE 3.2 (but not from boot. I have to manually startx, and then it gives me an error about being unable to start kdeinit, but then it works), and many programs work... but LOTS is uninstalled and missing. Like k3b. or Kmail (nope, no Kontact either). or Ark! Heck, it even uninstalled mplayer for some reason.
So.... how can I remove KDE from my system and get the working KDE 3.1.5 that Knoppix installed back on my system?
Or, if you think it's possible, how can I get KDE 3.2 working?
Thank you in advance SO very much.
Re: How to remove KDE and reinstall KDE 3.1.5?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox
Hey all!
In my enthusiasm to try out KDE 3.2, I tried to install it using the debian packages in the press release, at download.kde.org.
It half-worked. My computer will load KDE 3.2 (but not from boot. I have to manually startx, and then it gives me an error about being unable to start kdeinit, but then it works), and many programs work... but LOTS is uninstalled and missing. Like k3b. or Kmail (nope, no Kontact either). or Ark! Heck, it even uninstalled mplayer for some reason.
So.... how can I remove KDE from my system and get the working KDE 3.1.5 that Knoppix installed back on my system?
Or, if you think it's possible, how can I get KDE 3.2 working?
Thank you in advance SO very much.
You should be able to get the 3.2 going how exactly did you install with apt or dpkg? You should check to see what you have installed now for both 3.1 and 3.2 use COLUMNS=125 dpkg -l | grep 3.2.0 for the 3.2 for 3.1 put 3.1.[345] on the end of the line. If you want to try some other non-official .deb packages then you can use this line in your /etc/apt/sources.list:
From the looks of the repository now it looks like Muesli has finished building the 3.2 final so you may want to give them a try. One last thing the packages are built for a 686 processor or better.