I just hd-installed Knoppix on my system. How do I upgrade KDE to 3.2 using apt-get?
Printable View
I just hd-installed Knoppix on my system. How do I upgrade KDE to 3.2 using apt-get?
You can get it from two different sites either from the Debian developers who are packaging it or unofficial that are compiled for a 686 or better processor with one of these sections in your /etc/apt/sources.list.Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikt
Debian developers
UnofficialCode:## KDE 3.2 from Debian soon to be in unstable
deb http://people.debian.org/~ccheney/kde-3.1.95/ ./
deb http://people.debian.org/~bab/kde-3.2 ./
You would then use dselect update to update both the dpkg and apt databases and either apt-get -s -t people.debian.org dist-upgrade for the developers or apt-get -s -t ftp.snt.utwente.nl if the output of either dist-upgrade command completes without error then remove the -s from the line to actually install. Note: I am using the unofficial packages and they install without problems I have not tried the Developer packages so can not tell you of any problem there may be with them. Before you upgrade you should remove the kde-i18n-?? packages you are not using to save time and bandwidth to find them use dpkg -l | grep kde-i18n* and then use apt-get --purge remove kde-i18n-?? kde-i18n-?? ...... .Code:## KDE 3.2 built for unstable and 686 or better processor
deb http://ftp.snt.utwente.nl/pub/softwa...bian/kde_head/ unstable/
BTW I split your post it is usually better to start a new thread than to post in an old one unrelated to your question.