I just installed Knoppix 3.3 onto my hard drive and at the Xwindows login and on the kde desktop all of the text is boxes, menus and everything...
any ideas?!
Printable View
I just installed Knoppix 3.3 onto my hard drive and at the Xwindows login and on the kde desktop all of the text is boxes, menus and everything...
any ideas?!
okay, I can see what i'm doing now... just went into KDE and clicked around until i changed to a font that i could see.... Horray for descriptive icons! Can someone tell me how to reinstall the fonts so they all work? Appearantly it's not liking helvetica :-P
Go to Kano's page and get the fix-fonts.sh and in the directory you downloaded it too chmod +x fix-fonts.sh then ./fix-fonts.sh to run the script and see if that helps.Quote:
Originally Posted by zenkoanlife
Sweet, Problem solved :-) all the fonts are back to normal now. Thanks for the link.
The problem persists in Emacs after the Kano script?