-
Hardware compatibility
Hi everyone,
Although Knoppix has great hardware-support, on my 2nd pc knoppix won't work. Probably I think due to the SiS 746FX/963L mobo. I also encounter these problems when I tried to use mandrake and one or two other live distro's. Has anyone any experience with the mensioned SiS chipset?
-
Could you be more specific than "won't work" ? Does it boot but the GUI fails ? if it doesn't boot at which point does it fail ? (I don't have that particular chipset, sorry.)
Most of the SIS code in Linux is the work of one guy, his web page is here:
http://www.winischhofer.net/linuxsisvga.shtml
-
When booting the knoppix CDrom, when the penquin appears on screen, it coms to a halt. Ocassionally I can read 'lost interrupt' (meaby an irq-problem?). This happens using 3.2 and 3.3 versions of knoppix.
Strangely, I just used the kanotix cd, wich is I believe say 95% knoppix . And this live Cd bootes without any problem.
Ps
Thanks for the link, might be usefull.
-
If it is an IRQ problem, get into the bios and set it to "non plug and play OS"
-
There's not such option present in the bios.
-
Tried the knoppix 3.4 ct version today. With the 2.6 kernel the cd wil boot (not with the 2.4). At first glance two problems arise; it's not possible to type text in any box/shell or adressbar (browser). When listning to music using xmms, the volume-control is not functioning.