ok i have sound, but it can only do one thing at once.... like only play music, no Aim sound... or i can't play music and a game at the same time?
does it have to do with the acpi or something in that area?
Printable View
ok i have sound, but it can only do one thing at once.... like only play music, no Aim sound... or i can't play music and a game at the same time?
does it have to do with the acpi or something in that area?
Try typeing kmix in the console and turning all the levers up, Linux has these sounds disabled by default for some reason.
I have better results with typing 'knoppix alsa' at boot.
With ALSA, there's still only one sound at a time on my computer, but it's not always the first app that I opened.
Apparently there are other workarounds, but they require editing some configuration files I'm not sure you can do in Knoppix.