How to make HD install behave like Knoppix
With the latest 2-16 version out my laptops wireless card is working!.... Can't tell you how tickled I am now that I can use my laptop over my wireless home network. Everything seems to be working the external 40 GB harddrive with all its partitions is recognized even with my memory stick plugged in. Getting very excited now. Finally did a harddrive install to really get my hands dirty. After a bit of playing I got a nice clean install to the HD but its not quite as nice as the live CD. The network card isn't loaded and I can't see my external usb drive. Any hints\tips for this noobie? I'd really like to get the wireless working first so I don't have to keep rebooting to live cd look for help on the web. :wink:
Re: How to make HD install behave like Knoppix
Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroCrzy
With the latest 2-16 version out my laptops wireless card is working!.... Can't tell you how tickled I am now that I can use my laptop over my wireless home network. Everything seems to be working the external 40 GB harddrive with all its partitions is recognized even with my memory stick plugged in. Getting very excited now. Finally did a harddrive install to really get my hands dirty. After a bit of playing I got a nice clean install to the HD but its not quite as nice as the live CD. The network card isn't loaded and I can't see my external usb drive. Any hints\tips for this noobie? I'd really like to get the wireless working first so I don't have to keep rebooting to live cd look for help on the web. :wink:
With knoppix-installer there are two ways to install in HD
The Knoppix mode
The "old" Debian mode
If you choose Knoppix mode it is much like running linux from live-cd
If you choose Debian mode, then your installation is a normal linux instalation.