How can I tell if I have a RAID Configuration with Knoppix
I am trying to make a back up of both of my hard drives using knoppix. I am using a computer that I know nothing about and neither does the owner so they cant tell me. I would like to use this tutorial www.shockfamily.net/cedric/knoppix/#hd on this webpage to backup all of the data on both hard drives to a third hard drive. However, the motherboard can only boot 2 hard drives at a time. I need to know HOW CAN I FIND OUT IF THIS COMPUTER WAS PREVIOUSLY USING A RAID CONFIGURATION because if it was than it would be pointless to copy the contents to one hard drive without using a special program to unRAID the hard disks. Once again, if any one could tell me HOW I CAN FIND OUT IF THIS COMPUTER WAS PREVIOUSLY USING A RAID CONFIGURATION I would be very thankful. I also want to thank windos no thanks and Underscore for all the help they have given me so far. You guys are great.