-
keyboard error
Does anyone have any idea whats wrong?
I load up knoppix 3.3 and all works fine, expect my USB Keyboard, its a compaq Presario.
new to linux but not computers, thought id give this a try, but it doesnt like my keyboard, neither does lindows.
Does it have to be a ps2 keyboard cause i cant be arsed buying one
-
i have the same problem. since im new too the linux world. just change the dam keyboard lucky i have one near by :)
-
get a proper keyboared!!!
-
I too am currently experiencing this problem. Right now it is march break and all the computer stores are closed and I can't get my hands on a PS/2 keyboard. Besides borrowing one from a friend my only option is to get my current one working. If anyone has any tips besides "Get a new keyboard" please help.
-
This won't help you if the stores are closed but a USB->PS2 adapter is a lot cheaper than a new keyboard.
One cheatcode to try is noapic. At the boot prompt type: knoppix noapic (plus other cheatcodes you might need).
-
I got it to work using the nousb cheatcode, thanks for the help anyway.