Mounting and access denied and permissions
hi there!
I have a problem with my knoppix, I have mounted my windows partitions and i can use them as root but as other users i get the access denied message when i try to look into them.
I've tried to set the permissions on the mounted hda but everytime i press ok, it all change back to what it used to be.
Re: Mounting and access denied and permissions
--Edit /etc/fstab as root and add "users" to the mount options, like so:
/dev/hdb7 /mnt/drivef vfat defaults,users,noexec,noatime,uid=dave,rw 0 0
--You don't have to have "uid=dave"; but once you have saved fstab, login as another user and:
' umount /mnt/drivef ' (from root)
' mount /mnt/drivef ' (as other user)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellawaits
hi there!
I have a problem with my knoppix, I have mounted my windows partitions and i can use them as root but as other users i get the access denied message when i try to look into them.
I've tried to set the permissions on the mounted hda but everytime i press ok, it all change back to what it used to be.