Announcing KNOPPIX Version 3.4
-=> KNOPPIX NEWS <=-
Announcing KNOPPIX Version 3.4
The new version of KNOPPIX will be available as a printed edition at CeBit 2004, 18.-24.3.2004, Hall 11, booth D39 (Rheinland-Pfalz booth), Hannover, Germany. Klaus Knopper will also give presentations at the Heise-Booth in Hall 5, E38.
New features:
Linux Kernel 2.4.25 and, as a boot option, Kernel 2.6.3, both ACPI-enabled.
New IRDA/Bluetooth-Setup.
GPRS internet-connection ready.
enhanced hardware autodetection and driver updates.
also boots from (some) USB- and Firewire CD-Roms now.
internet-based software "live-installer", installs add-on packages in ramdisk or on persistent home directory.
free ticket to LinuxTag 2004, Europe's leading Linux and Free Software event, included.
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/index-en.html
An ftp-able version - when?
I see from the first message that:
> The new version of KNOPPIX will be available
> as a printed edition at CeBit 2004, 18.-24.3.2004,
Which is tomorrow, so I was wondering when will it be available online. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tim
Re: An ftp-able version - when?
Quote:
Originally Posted by timread
I see from the first message that:
> The new version of KNOPPIX will be available
> as a printed edition at CeBit 2004, 18.-24.3.2004,
Which is tomorrow, so I was wondering when will it be available online. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Tim
Klaus usually only puts it up a week or two after the conference that's why I suggested that somone at CeBit put up a bittorrent link. I suspect that someone will and hopefully they'll post the news somewhere in the forums.