move HD installed to another machine
Hi. Please keep in mind - linux noob :wink: Have a hd install debian style of knoppix 3.3 2-16-04. I have been running it on a separate old maxtor drive on my main 98 machine. For when 3.4 comes "out" I have purchased a new drive to put in this main box for it and would like to move the maxtor with knoppix 3.3 to my spare machine. I understand that knoppix will move right along and redetect the new hardware in the spare box no prob, I have had a knoppix install on there and it was ok with the hardware. But this maxtor will be slave to, again, a 98 master disk on primary channel. How do I go about reconfiguring Lilo to make it's new home a dual boot? Presently, I have lilo as boot loader and it is located on the main machine's primary hard drive. Your expertise is much appreciated, I can handle cfdisk and fdisk fine to rewrite mbr but I am at a loss as to how to rewrite the Lilo on the spare machine without going through a fresh hd install.