New Video Card installed - blank screen and login
I am quite sure that this is a "common" problem, and I am sure it has been covered "somewhere" - but, I don't have a clue how to search for this "specific" topic...
Problem:
I have a "motherboard" mounted video card, worked fine, just slow - so I went out and bought a NVidia GeForce4 MX440 AGP video card - and installed it fine with my Win98 install (just for Wine usage) - so I know the video card works...
When I first tried to boot into Knoppix v3.3 (2.4.22-xfs) hard drive installed setup - it tried to go into XServer, and stayed in the "boot" screen text and began to flicker. Second time I tried to boot, it now just sits at the "boot" text screen and wants me to login...
In an attempt to get my own answers, I used the Knoppix v3.3 Live CD, and it was able to go completely into the KDE desktop. So, the card works, and my guess is that I "somehow" got some specific video configuration settings set up in my hard drive installation, that is blocking XServer (now, with the new video card) from going all the way into my desktop...
Please, can someone assist me in getting my NEW - cool - and hopefully - faster - video card up and runninf now ????
I am forever in anyones gratitude, for the assistance - not to mention, I so want to run some of these "video" intensive games now :D
Thanks,
Cuddles