I want to login as root. I am using new Kanotix 04-2004 installed to HD. It boots striaight to user "knoppix".
Printable View
I want to login as root. I am using new Kanotix 04-2004 installed to HD. It boots striaight to user "knoppix".
Sounds like you have done a "knoppix style" installation, if you do a "debian style" installation you'd get a login screen by default when you boot.
Yes, knoppix style install. Can you please tell me how to get to a traditional login so I can choose between root andother users? I have already set root password.
You need to reinstall as the Debian type to get the login screen, the knoppix style just copies the CD to the disk you do not get the required changes to do want you want.Quote:
Originally Posted by erp
I was afraid of that being the answer.
Thanks for answering my question so quickly.
Dont wipe that drive yet here is a link to an eariler post:
How do I Log in as another user.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...352&highlight=
johnb