My "key-fob" USB memory-stick has 500Mb RAM. I can plug Knoppix into any computer and reboot! ... How do I get Knoppix into 500 Mb? And how do I get a computer to boot from it on the key-fob?
Printable View
My "key-fob" USB memory-stick has 500Mb RAM. I can plug Knoppix into any computer and reboot! ... How do I get Knoppix into 500 Mb? And how do I get a computer to boot from it on the key-fob?
I don't think any motherboards support USB key booting (yet)
But I could be wrong........
Knoppix will not fit on that the size is too small you may want to search for flonix a remaster based on knoppix that can boot from a usb stick.Quote:
Originally Posted by carrt
Technically there is a 1GB SD-card in existance these days.
It is horribly expensive at the moment (I could buy a used PC at the price), but in a USB reader it could be used to hold Knoppix in future.