Live CD accesses net, HD install dosn't.
I can configure kppp to dial up successfully and then surf the net just fine with the live cd.
But when I use the same configuration with the hardrive install, kppp will dial up and connect and that's all. I cannot go anywhere. I also can't login as the root and try it from there. I've read other posts but don't know how to access or edit the resolv.conf file.
Any suggestions? :(
Re: Live CD accesses net, HD install dosn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elbasquero
I can configure kppp to dial up successfully and then surf the net just fine ith the live cd.
But when I use the same configuration with the hardrive install, kppp will dial up and connect and that's all. I cannot go anywhere. I also can't login as the root and try it from there. I've read other posts but don't know how to access or edit the resolv.conf file.
Any suggestions? :(
Ideally you shouldn't have to access/edit /etc/resolv.conf -- kppp should do that for you (from my observations of its operation). Nonetheless, I am having the same difficulty. I find if I make it writable (as root, "chmod a+w /etc/resolv.conf") and then try to dial, it works. This is clearly not the "right" way to do it, but I'm still investigating. :wink: