Problems with booting to CD.
I have dled knoppix three times already, and keep coming up with the same problem. When it starts to do autoconfigure of devices and the green bar activates, it stops at the edge of the screen and does nothing there for a long while. I've tried letting it be like that for over 20 minutes, and nothing changed. Pressing any key results in weird characters, and while the bar does drop down to another line, it stops at the edge of that line just as well. I am using the 2/16/2004 v3.3 build. Thanks for any help!
From one newbie to another...
I just started using Knoppix myself, I know how you feel. However, just as a suggestion, more help would come your way if we could have some details about your system. That being said, here's my 2 coppers of help...
Have you used "knoppix failsafe" at the boot: prompt? That'll bypass most of the starup detection and get into the OS without much scanning. You could also try "knoppix testcd" to see if the CD you made is okay. Oh yeah, drop the quotation marks on those commands, in case you weren't sure.
'Goon