Getting a windows network printer going?
Successfully set most of my new Knoppix machine up now, getting Internet via ICS from an xp machine on the LAN, email, browsing the ms machines quite happily with smb, & using them to browse the Knoppix machine on which I've set up samba.
Still pretty blown away by Knoppix, interested to discover it's a form of Debian.. downloaded a copy of that distro just a couple of weeks ago not expecting to be diving into it so soon though! Might chance my hand at a HDD install see if my luck holds out!
just one thing to make me truly happy, something I couldn't see a FAQ for - sorry if I've missed one - how can I send a test document from my Knoppix machine to a printer attached via USB to a windows xp client laptop.workgroup.net on the local LAN? what should I be looking at setting up to do that.. if it's relevant, LinNeighborhood seems to be absent from my Knoppix 3.1 CD..
I have a designed-for-windows-xp lexmark x73 printer, installed to the xp client laptop machine with a designed-for-windows-xp driver.. am I worrying unduly.. will I need to set up some kind of linux driver arrangement either on laptop.workgroup.net or Knoppix.workgroup.net or will the network magically cope with things itself /-: ? bit lost here :(
My network is using DHCP if that's of consequence. Thanks for any hints..