eh,
i've decided to take the plunge and do a Hdd Install. ive read many threads concerning Hdd installs but found none that involved something to what i have.
knoppix 3.3 works well in my presario laptop so its worth the risk to do a hdd install.
My present setup:
I have one hdd with 4 partitions already. All NTFS!!!! Im using Winxp. My windows is located in the c:\ drive.
C: is 6gb
D: is 8gb
E: is 800mb
F: is 40gb
I will be using partition magic 8. I'm planning to add two partitions.. One using Fat32 and one Ext2. I'm planning to resize my F: partition to give room for my linux partitions.
The Fat32 will be only 512 mb.
The Ext2 will be 2gb.
1st question: Is 2gb too big or too small for a knoppix hdd? What's the recommended size?
Size recommendations are not included in the FAQS.
2nd question: In my using partition magic in creating partitions, will there be problems or issues?
I dont want to use the partition manager that comes with knoppix bec'. im afraid it might miss up my hdd. Note: All my other partitions are NTFS.
