Child-safe project advice
I've been thinking of building an inexpensive box that allows my (smart, sweet, but not too concerned with
the consequences of borking my system) preteen daughter to do email, surfing and homework, limits the
amount of mischief she can do, and is extremely easy to fix when she does bork it.
Here's what I have so far:
Build a box with:
- 2G of RAM
- a decent video card ~ Geforce2 MX or better
- a solid sound card ~SB Live! or better
- ethernet card (Tulip-ish)
- DVD player
- CDROM (for Knoppix disk)
- CD RW (for Knoppix home and email and homework)
- *NO* HD
Use a custom Knoppix Live CD with preconfigured
- KDE
- OOo
- Dan's Guardian
and run the whole shebang toram.
I could use your help/suggestions for selection of
- an older motherboard/CPU that supports the software and USB
- customization of the aforementioned roll-your-own
What else should I include?
What should I leave out?
Do you have any other helpful suggestions for the project?
Thank you,
-ParentalUnit