-
fdisk /sfdisk output
Hi all
a newbie so be gentle
am hacking the hdd Install and have a question about fdisk/sfdisk
I am ammending the install to be a bit paranoid about existing filesystems on the hard disk
does anybody know a URL etc.. that lists all the filetypes recognised by fdisk or sfdisk ?
e.g. fdisk -l /dev/hda will give you file system details of hda
the ones I know about/have seen are:
linux, linux swap, HPFS/NTFS , Win95 Ext'd, hidden FAT12
have searched google and all the usual places to no avail
thx
hololi
-
fdisk question
Sorry thisi is not a direct answer to your question, but when I installed knoppix on
a hard drive cfdisk came up. cfdisk has a [help] selection that gave me a list of file types
that filled more than one page.
More directly on fdisk and sfdisk - go to www.google.com and enter fdisk howto
and you should get a list of the supported file types.
egibbs