Is there I way I can stay permanently logged in to these forums so I don't have to log in every time I visit?
Printable View
Is there I way I can stay permanently logged in to these forums so I don't have to log in every time I visit?
In whichever browser you are using check to make sure you are not blocking cookies from knoppix.net and that you are at least getting prompted on accepting a cookie also. Now when you login you should check the remember login or whatever it is called I can't recall the exact name now and the next time you visit it should login you in automatically with the cookie that was set.Quote:
Originally Posted by patik
There is no "remember login" checkbox, and I blindly accept all cookies...
Firefox in Windows, btw.
The remember login is permantly checked so don't have to worry about that.Quote:
Originally Posted by patik
I think moz/firefox has some option like :
"Treat all cookies as session cookies". If thats checked then even though knoppix.net sets a cookie for ages firefox will delete it when the browser window closes.
Also make sure you are visiting www.knoppix.net not knoppix.net
That was the problem. Thanks :oQuote:
Originally Posted by eadz
Patik,
I got nabbed by that one too, don't feel so bad...
I had a login here for at least a month, then had to do a reinstall, when I got back with Mozilla here, it kept forgetting me... Didn't realize you need the www. part, dummy me, huh???
Eadz, also, helped me out on this one too, kept my sanity, thats for sure [giggle]
Glad you got it working,
Cuddles