-
Where are my CDROM's
Hello
If this is the wrong place to ask for help - I apologise for being a newbie.
I have just started to use Knoppix live CD and I cannot access my CDROM's on the desktop. A message says ERROR - file:/mnt/cdrom does not exist. When shutting down - the system says "cant unmount CD - please reset". I wanna give Windows the flick - but I need to have access to my 2 CD drives. Please help!!
-
The file that Knoppix generates to tell itself which drives are available and under what circumstances is /etc/fstab -- so a good idea would be to look at /etc/fstab in an editing application and either 1) figure out what needs to be done to fstab to make your CD drives available using what you know already or 2) reply including the contents of your fstab file so people can look for something going wrong and help you fix it!
-
Oops -- I forgot to say welcome! And this is certainly the place to ask that question.
-
i would recomend posting content of /etc/fstab and what and gives as output. that will help us helping