Does anyone have an idea on how to get this thing to work? I have a Sis650 chipset motherboard...Everything except the ethernet works...
Printable View
Does anyone have an idea on how to get this thing to work? I have a Sis650 chipset motherboard...Everything except the ethernet works...
<snip>
Everything except the ethernet works...
</snip>
My experience is with the SiS735 chipset, but should apply here (it has the same SiS900 emulation). I had no problems whatsoever running Knoppix on THAT board, but based on my experience and suggestions I saw posted on another message board:
* Make SURE that the LAN is enabled in the BIOS. Even if it works under Windows, it might be turned OFF there.
* Turn OFF "PnP OS" in the BIOS.
* Some early BIOSs for these chipsets may have had problems with the LAN emulation. Check into updates.
That's what I've got. Hope that it helps!
* Some early BIOSs for these chipsets may have had problems with the LAN emulation. Check into updates.
there is also a new SiS rev 91 out which is not supported in the SiS900 module. SuSe has made a new patched kernel available. I don't know when the patch will be in knoppix
regards
henri
I've got a somewhat wierder problem, my Sis900 chipset works when I boot Knoppix from CD. But as soon as I install it on the harddisk it won't. I can't use the internet, nor update my system :-(Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowHunter
lspci -v output:
Code:00:03.0 Ethernet controller: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] SiS900 10/100 Ethernet (rev 90)
Subsystem: Elitegroup Computer Systems: Unknown device 0a14
Flags: bus master, medium devsel, latency 64, IRQ 11
I/O ports at d400 [size=256]
Memory at cfffd000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=4K]
Expansion ROM at cffc0000 [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: <available only to root>
Okay, fixed :-)
This topic in the hdd install forum helt the answer.
I`m having this sis900 problem im my ECS A929 Desknote.Quote:
Originally Posted by Henk Poley
I`m using knoppix 3.2 (tried 3.1 already) and like in previous messages, everything works, except the network card. In fact it works, ping itself and nothing else.
I`ve tried DHCP, tried also the same configuration i`m using in Debian (other machine) and nothing worked.
In my "research", I discovered that the kernel i`m (knoppix) using doesn't work very well with sis900, is it true?
Since I don`t have access to the internet, only in Win (another partition) I can only use CDs and files I download in Win.
Please, tell me you have a sugestion!
Cassio