"Error: only one CPU found" (in German) @ boot...
Hi folks, i've got the cited error message at boot on a BRAND NEW computer with Athlon XP 3000, etc.
OK, HD is unformatted, but other bootable CDs work fine!
Knoppix 3.2 (Skyrix) and 3.3 CDs both work OK on other systems, including a Compaq notebook!!!
I know, it's an error working with a PC having only one CPU... I'll do my best to gather somewhere a multiprocessor system, but will the Knoppix CD work with it??? *g*
I've found in the FAQ a similar question, but the answer is imho a bad joke...
Can anyone help???
tnx,
softbomber
Re: "Error: only one CPU found" (in German) @ boo
Quote:
Originally Posted by softbomber
I've found in the FAQ a similar question, but the answer is imho a bad joke...
Can anyone help???
tnx,
softbomber
You need toi pass the nosmp cheatcode on boot.
boot: knoppix nosmp (plus any other parameters you need).