FTP Download for MediaPackKnoppix
media authoring/performing/streaming CD!
I think ideal multimedia mix would be:
Knoppix -OpenOffice -6differentWindowManagers
+MUSIC (+PD/Gem +jMax +CSound)
+VIDEO (+Cinarrela +freeJ/VeeJay +OpenMash +VideoLAN +Mpeg4IP +MjpegTools)
+3D (+blender ..not sure about renderers in terms of licencing)
+2D (there was some flash/svg authoring thing???)
Best [email protected]
...knoppix for media rendering...
forgot to say that one of the biggest stranghts of CD-Bootable Knoppix could be distributed rendering (Blender and Cinarrela come only first to my mind but I am sure there are...) For example my organisation has 10 brand new computers that unused for 12hours a day and this power could be used for off-line rendering.
however this shouldn't be high priority at this point, when both Knoppix and mediaknoppix are still in early stage.
Re: media authoring/performing/streaming CD!
Quote:
Originally Posted by zblace
I think ideal multimedia mix would be:
Knoppix -OpenOffice -6differentWindowManagers
This I agree with 10000% drop OO, and ANY OTHER wm other than KDE. Just put KOffice in place of OO.
+LAN - A decent GUI based samaba/wimp share setup software ala linneighorhood etc..
Quote:
+VIDEO (+Cinarrela +freeJ/VeeJay +OpenMash +VideoLAN +Mpeg4IP +MjpegTools)
How about: + DVArchive http://dvarchive.sourceforge.net/ to get ReplayTV functions intergrated so that some nice media PC centers can be developed around Knoppix based distros.