Same for me ...Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersPL
Printable View
Same for me ...Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersPL
Having problems getting to the buy web sites..
Well THAT certainly sucks. I'm very sorry if it's a problem on my end. :oops: Unfortunately if it is I have no idea what the trouble might be. I haven't burned a copy of the image yet, as I'm out of media at the moment, but I did mount it to my local filesystem and everything appears to be intact.Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersPL
Anybody familiar with the Azureus BT client and know what, if anything, I might be missing?
kernel 2.6 still has no support for serial mouse :(
Thanks Fabian, I've already added it there, BTW, I've found more bugs when doing a HD-INSTALL with the new knoppix-installer :D I'll post it there too.Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabianx
I did my harddisk installation by booting with kernel 2.6 using the "fromhd=" parameter
1. during installation, there were some file missing error (some .mozilla configuration files)
2. after installation, it won't boot
3. after trying to manually modify lilo.conf I found that it boots with lang=de on a english knoppix by default.
4. lilo won't run and saids that the partition table is different compare to "/proc/partitions"
* I might do another hd-install again by booting kernel 2.4.26 later... now I have to catch up with my school course schedules :? my course professors are unhappy with my the results with previous course assignments.
cu Charles from Hong Kong :D
Now posting to alt.binaries.warez.linux
I have installed knoppix 3.4 to my hard disk and am now trying to install VMWare but it informs me that:
Your kernel was built with "gcc" version "2.95.4", while you are trying to use
"/usr/bin/gcc" version "3.3.3". This configuration is not supported and VMware
Workstation cannot work in such configuration. Please either recompile your
kernel with "/usr/bin/gcc" version "3.3.3", or restart /usr/bin/vmware-config.pl
with CC environment variable pointing to the "gcc" version "2.95.4".
How comes the gcc version is different from the version used to compile the kernal? Can I do anything to solve this? Is it possible to install gcc 2.9.5 and not have problems.
Thanks,
Tim
That is the current version in Sarge/testing thus it is installed and a lot of people still compile their kernels with the older version of gcc as does Klaus.Quote:
Originally Posted by timread
ln -sf /usr/bin/gcc-2.95 /usr/bin/gcc as root should do it.Quote:
Can I do anything to solve this?
It is already installed and yes it works with no problems except for the symbolic link with some software.Quote:
Is it possible to install gcc 2.9.5 and not have problems.
Your welcome.Quote:
Thanks,
Tim
Hello!
I started knoppix with the 2.6 kernel on my labtop
(the ct' editions 2.6 didn't load). As reported by others I got
a scsi-error and a segfault. Loaded with option "knoppix noscsi" and worked.
Started knoppix-installer in debian-mode and rebooted.
"uname -a" showed the 2.4 kernel again.
However the knoppix-installer configured /etc/lilo.conf
with boot options for the 2.4 and 2.6.5 kernels.
I opend lilo.conf and looked for the entry /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5
which has:
append="ramdisk_size=100000 ... ... ... "
changed it to
append="ramdisk_size=100000 ... ... ... noscsi"
now I run "lilo" and rebooted.
Nice lilo boot-menu, now I can choose the 2.4 kernel or the
2.6.5 kernel.
Stephan
I used the following command to set gcc to version 2.9.5.
export CC=/usr/bin/gcc2.95
Then just run the vmware install.
When installing vmware with the knoppix 3.4 version note that kernel headers are required to compile the video driver module. The new version of knoppix only contains kernel headers for the 2.4.26 kernel and not for the 2.6.5 kernel. You will have to boot from the 2.4.26 kernel in order to finish the vmware install.
I've had a problem with 2.6.5 kernel starting in VMware (knoppix26 nobootscsi) and then once the desktop comes up, the keyboard doesn't respond. Hitting Shift-Insert seems to cure it.
I just wanted to mention that I really like the new scripts for bluetooth access and use them often. Thanks knoppix developers.
Does anyone know where I can get the 2.6.5 kernel headers from the 3.4 version of knoppix? I'll probably make trouble if I install the ones from debian as the kernels aren't identical.
:P