I installed Knoppix 4.0.2 on my IBM Thinkpad T22, 256 MB RAM, 900 MHz PIII processor. The only snag was the video settings. You have to specify 1400x1050 resolution, or else it auto-detects 1024x768 and the graphics will be blocky.
Printable View
I installed Knoppix 4.0.2 on my IBM Thinkpad T22, 256 MB RAM, 900 MHz PIII processor. The only snag was the video settings. You have to specify 1400x1050 resolution, or else it auto-detects 1024x768 and the graphics will be blocky.
That's the same with mine.Quote:
Originally Posted by danielsan
I have a Compaq Presario 2825EA: P4-M (1,9Ghz), 512DDR-RAM, 40GB HDD and a graphic-card with ATI Mobitility Radeon 7500.
You must do following to set the resolution: knoppix screen=1400x1050. Then you save your configuration on a partition with fat32 and restart the laptop.
Now you can type in: knoppix myconfig=/mnt/hda6 for example and it should work. :)
I've used Knoppix 3.9, 4.0 & 4.0.2 (CD & DVD Version) and it worked fine ^-^
succesfully worked on Compaq Presario 2500
512 RAM, 40 GB HDD, 2,8Ghz
ATI Technologies Inc Radeon IGP 340M
Running excellent on an hp nx9010
My machine is an HP Pavilion ze4500 w AMD 2400CPU and 1024 Ram After three tries I finally got the 4.2DVD to load to the HD. With the exception of a couple of programs and the dratted winmodem So far it all seemsto work. had one mysterious crash early on but nothing since. Oh, QParted did not work so I did the partitioning w/sfdisk Good tool. :-)
In my hand, I Remain~
Captain Cautious.
LiveCD detects everything ... wireless card ... LAN ... touchpad ...
The only problem I have is that I am unable to change the resolution to a widescreen resolution (1280*800), not even with the cheatcodes ... the max resolution I can use is 1024*768
oh yah ... my display doesnot come back if I close the lid and reopen it ... any advice??
Havent installed to hard disk ...
______
P.S. How do I access another CD while booting from the LiveCD??
Either:Quote:
Originally Posted by spacewarp
- Multiple CD/DVD drives (not an option most laptop users have)
or
With enough RAM memory, use the toram cheat code to load the entire CD into memory. (Again not an option everyone has).
or you boot from the ISO cd image file stored in your hdd, cf:Quote:
Originally Posted by spacewarp
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11796 & http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Win_Partition
Cheers, Gilles
My Compal DL70 works in KNOPPIX 4.0.1 with its Mobility Radeon X600, but I get 1024x768 instead of 1680x1050. That's probably due to the xfree86 Radeon driver not supporting my card. I'm typing this in KANOTIX 2005.4 RC3 Full, where xorg's ati driver supports my resolution.
Knoppix runs just fine straight from the DVD, which is a relief as I have tried 3 other distros and had no joy at all.