Quote:
Dear Sir
As Draftsperson for the Parliament I, along with the Parliament, voted
for
limits to the patenting of computer-implemented inventions. The Member
States i.e. the Council of Ministers have chosen to ignore Parliament’s
views, which has disappointed us greatly and we are now preparing for
some
very tough negotiations with them.
That is about as close you can get to lying while still leaving some small loophole to slide through in case of trouble.
Quote:
You can influence this....
I might not vote labour, it doesnt matter I and thousdands like me have forced them to change their position. The queen of SW patents has changed her tune and is no longer pro-SW patents like in the US !!!
She has been saying similar things before, so far it has been just lip-service. It would be nice if she really stood up for those things but I don't think she will.