Oh yes, I forgot to mention something important. Not all RPMs will work with Knoppix, since its based on Debian.
Printable View
Oh yes, I forgot to mention something important. Not all RPMs will work with Knoppix, since its based on Debian.
Yeah, you can use the -i tag to install them right away. But for some reason I always like to see it create the deb and then use dpkg to install. A file of a couple of megs might take a little while btw. If you have konqueror open and visible while you type the command in the CLI you can watch while the file is created (a folder will pop up while it's doing it's thing) and see when the deb pops up.
Oh, and you don't need the -d tag...it will convert to deb without installing by default.
Ah thanks. I'm starting to see a couple of useless posts by me :lol:Quote:
Originally Posted by champagnemojo
Where do you save the .rpm files to in order for alien to find them, because i keep getting the error message that the file was not found.
Just wondering, where did you download the RPM? I'm at their site, and I can't seem to find a download link ANYWHERE :(
I tried alien a couple of times with a package, and if the package is too big (>14MB) it completely hangs the machine. I have to turn it off and on again. For smaller files I don't have a problem. I could repeat it using Knoppix 3.4 and 3.6. I have 256MB RAM PC.