-
You shall not execute the file, but create it.
(later you may execute it).
But it's a good idea to test the command first:
Code:
ifconfig eth0 192.168.100.11 up
and if it works (no reply)
Code:
echo "ifconfig eth0 192.168.100.11 up" > /etc/rc4.d/S50ifup.sh
/etc/rc4.d/S50ifup.sh
-
Ok I found the key to the fix in this thread
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=19004
I reconfigured my router and disabled DHCP. Then I set up static IP address.
# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)
# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo eth0
iface eth0 inet static
address 192.168.100.11
netmask 255.255.255.0
network 192.168.100.0
broadcast 192.168.100.11
gateway 192.168.100.10
Then I edited /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfig
and replaced
pump -i $DEVICE >/dev/null 2>&1 &
with
/etc/init.d/networking restart
Now I have connection after every restart
Thanks for the help
-
set the broadcast adress to 192.168.100.255 and I'm happy. :)
(and welcome to the wonderful world of static IPs :) )
-