To look at it within KDE you can just use konqueror to go to the /etc/apt directory and open sources.list with kedit or whatever text editor you like. If you want to be able to edit it you should go through the K menu to System and then More Programs and click on File Manager - Super User Mode. It will ask for your root password and you'll now be using konqueror as root. So when you use kedit on it you'll have permission to modify the file. I always add a shortcut to File Manager - Super User Mode to kicker for easy access.Quote:
Originally Posted by xaviers2002
But if you've never run apt-get update before now, chances are that your sources are fine. You should run apt-get update every now and then, as this tells your system what packages are available to get. And so, if you've never run it before your system doesn't know of any packages. Synaptic is fine for looking for a specific type of file. You could also type "apt-cache search java" in a console and it would show you a list of packages that have to do with java.
I understand...I'm still just learning too. I think alot of us are.Quote:
Originally Posted by xaviers2002
