http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
Quote:
Originally Posted by j.drake
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsatacrux
Clearly its not something you can just burn to a CD and then expect it to do what its suppose to.
Nope, but this is. Bootable WinXP live CD repair disk. Not sure if you can make with upgrade disk, but might be worth a try.
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
jd
I know this is really getting somewhat off the KNoppix & Linux Topic, but let me please clarify my situation a little more about how Bart's PE builder seems to be working for me.
So I managed to get on a Windows 2000 machine at the local computer lab where I have privelages to use,
I try and run PE Builder 3.0.32,
http://www.nu2.nu/pebuilder/
and then it asks "Path to Windows insallation files?, as though this rescue CD ROM can be created only from the Computer I'm trying to cure, before it get's sick.
In the meantime at least I'll get the official microsoft pre-installer boot floppies made, but somehow I wonder if they'll give me access to the data I want to salvage in such a way that it will let me burn them to CD ROM.
Maybe I could run the PE Builder on a Windows XP machine for it to build a CD right?
Simply downloading and extracting the files on a CD and expecting the thing to run right won't work either.
Is my situation sounding futile yet?