Hi again,
Apt only works on a hd install and I sort of got the impression you were running Knoppix from the cd?
The only way to install apps on the cd is AFAIK klik but I didn't see lyx there.
Printable View
Hi again,
Apt only works on a hd install and I sort of got the impression you were running Knoppix from the cd?
The only way to install apps on the cd is AFAIK klik but I didn't see lyx there.
Cheers Markus;
You are correct -I am running from the cd.
I must admit to very little Linux knowledge so I am just following suggestion as they are posted.
All in all though the Knoppix cd has given me a good insight into a world other than windoze - for which i'm very happy.
Over the past year or so I've been slowly adapting myself to use Linux software available as a Windoze app. Lyx, Firefox etc. I finish my PhD soon and will then ditch windows for good. Every thing I need + appears available to the linux community.
I'll then consider the Knoppix HD install as a Linux option.
If you want lyx you could try kanotix which is another live cd. From knoppix 3.4 latex and it seems lyx were removed for space reasons.
Cheers Markus;
i'll have a look at it
kind regards
Hi, I would like to make LyX available through klik, but unfortunately it depends on a lot of other packages so that a) the download would be _very_ big and b) the creation of a klik recipe seems to be very complicated. For now, I recommend using Knoppix 3.3 or Kanotix if you need LyX.Quote:
Originally Posted by Markus