Hm.
I don't know what will work and what will not work.
I wouldn't recommend deletion, but perhaps you find a hint where the desktop-logos are created, and - after making a backup of course - comment that section out.
Printable View
Hm.
I don't know what will work and what will not work.
I wouldn't recommend deletion, but perhaps you find a hint where the desktop-logos are created, and - after making a backup of course - comment that section out.
Yes you could edit it. The file (knoppix-autoconfig or whatever the name was) is very well documented (in the file!). Just search for the word "icons" and you will find it.Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyLeDouche
The comment it out by putting a # at the start of the lines which are responsible for creating the icons.
If you need further help, please ask.
PS: And don't forget to make a backup (= a copy) of the file you edit!!
Thank you all very much. For the record, the file was called /etc/init.d/knoppix-hd-autoconfig. There was a function called update_desktop_hdicons(). In it, there was an if statement that said if the user was root to make the icons. I had to comment out the whole if statement. It looked something like this:
I just commented that out with "#". And shabam it's fixed. Thanks again all.[/code]Code:if [ "$user" != "root ]; then
su "$user" -c mkdesktophdicons
fi
Only for the sake of completeness:Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyLeDouche
= means is
!= means not is or is not. Because ! is the Symbol for not
So the if statement means: If the User is NOT root, then...
Ok, that was it. :)
you can try this....type:
chmod /usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons -x
worked for me....it just sets the file that re-creates the icons as not being executable
Cheers
see this post: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ighlight=icons