-
Knoppix is great. It can be as dangerously powerful as a Porsche 911 with a bolt-on blower or as frustratingly safe as a Civic Hybrid with a bolt-on throttle governor. Thing is, YOU get to decide :D
BitTorrent is a file sharing utility that works like a pyramid scheme is purported to work. You download from other people while, at the same time, other people download from you. In theory, you reap faster download times due to the efficiency of the distributed system, especially when a file is brand-new and very popular. In practice, I haven't seen any advantage. Even downloading 3.6 from an FTP mirror, I had it in an hour and a half over home DSL. Some torrents have taken closer to four hours. To be fair, though, I haven't really tried it enough for it to be representative. In my case yesterday, I could swallow as fast as my DSL could eat anyway, so there's no advantage there.
jd
-
Well, my bittorrent was not working at all. So I used that ftp site I listed above. It must have taken 20 hours!
To be honest, however, my WIMxP users did interrupt the download several times and the download was easily resumed from whereever it left off each time.
I never had to wait SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO long for a new ISO in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regards,
AJG