How to detect Linksys USB wireless network adapter
Hi all, I'm trying to access the internet using my Linksys Wireless-B WUSB11 Network Adapter. When I run "iwconfig", I get :-
lo no wireless extension
eth0 no wireless extension
I don't see eth1 or wlan0. Does this mean the adapter is not detected at all. If so, how do I get it detected? When I ran ndiswrapper, I get a dialog box saying:"The ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no new device. Perhaps Ndiswrapper is not working with your driver file". I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thank you.
Ming Hai
Re: How to detect Linksys USB wireless network adapter
Quote:
Originally Posted by minghai
Hi all, I'm trying to access the internet using my Linksys Wireless-B WUSB11 Network Adapter. When I run "iwconfig", I get :-
lo no wireless extension
eth0 no wireless extension
I don't see eth1 or wlan0. Does this mean the adapter is not detected at all. If so, how do I get it detected? When I ran ndiswrapper, I get a dialog box saying:"The ndiswrapper module has been loaded but there is no new device. Perhaps Ndiswrapper is not working with your driver file". I'd really appreciate any help anyone can give me. Thank you.
Ming Hai
Apologise for not getting back to you sooner; but I had a day of teaching yesterday.
Before we begin could you do two things: one, start a new thread with the same title, rather than clutter up this one; two, tell me exactly; in as much detail as possible what you have done so far in trying to get the network card going.
Cheers,
Grant D. Vallance
Just what I have been looking for
Great post Grant. I have been searching for weeks on how to get wifi to work, but I couldn't find anything as helpful, detailed, or easy to follow as your post. Thank you for bringing me one step closer to freeing myself from Microsoft.
-Fox
ndiswrapper - network card configuration
Knoppix 3.6 running on IBM Thinkpad A21m w/SMC2635W after several installs.
Knoppix hangs while booting w/card inserted. Where can I find a log of this? I think syslog but I'm green so....
Remove card, reboot. Insert card, NDISWRAPPER seems to work as the light on the card starts to flash indiacating driver is working. In order to get an IP I have to run the network configuration program.
I'd like to know how I could make this automatic and I'd like to find the log so I can post it and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction to solve boot hang issue.
I'd also like to find a Remote Desktop program that will allow me to connect to my XP box from Knoppix and one for XP allowing me to connect to Knoppix. Does this exist?