-
I'm a little confused...
I must confess that I've got confused with your explanation regarding /configure, make, etc...Well, but first of all, I need the binaries - they will be use to run in my webhost provider ( wich is Linux ).
Now, how will Knoppix know where the FAT32 partition is? Must I enter inside of it, and run what you told me ? Is /configure already there?
Can you give me the steps - one by one - to do this?
Sorry for my ignorance.
Regards,
Kepler
-
the usual way to compile from source is to
1/ go to the directory where the source is.
2/ open a console (rightclick and ...)
3/ type ./configure ( the dot slash ./ means that it is to be performed localy)
4/ if no errors are aparent then type make or sometimes ./make
you wil now have a binary in the directory.
if it is to be distributed it might be an idea to compile it staticaly or made into a package (like a .deb) as not all distributions have all libraries... in the same place (they should but...)
-
...
How do I get to directory?
PS - Knoppix only allows me to work in the command line ( I don't know why )
Kepler
-
n0ormaly the comand
Code:
cd /search/path/to/directory
should work.
you first have to mount the partition
first we create a mountpoint
where X is driveleter and Y is partition number
now we mount it
Code:
mount -t vfat /dev/hdXY /mnt/hdXY
these comands should be made as root.
sudo alows you to execute acomand as root, so sudo mkdir should work if mkdir alone does not
EDIT
oh and to find out what partitions you have and their filesystem works OK
/EDIT