Well, I just really thought about this, and I was wondering maybe if you could direct me to a link for a download to a easier version of linux or something that will be easy as hell to install from this Knoppix.
Printable View
Well, I just really thought about this, and I was wondering maybe if you could direct me to a link for a download to a easier version of linux or something that will be easy as hell to install from this Knoppix.
the only thing easyer would be me sitting next to you i am afraid. Knoppix (and derivatives) adre among the easyest.
on the other hand for hd install knoppix is not very good.
installing a proper distributtion perhaps in the "easy" part of the spectrum would likely save you some troubel though, as Knoppix is not aimed at hdinstall, like Suse, Mandrake, Fedora. they have easy to folow setups with more detailed explanations on the way to a good install.
but in my opinion you have just a minor problem. most likely solved bu typing
orCode:sudo modporbe ne2kpci
and then after that there is a 20-25% chance thatCode:sudo insmod ne2k-pci
shouled get you out on the net.Code:pump eth0
if not you have to go trogh setting up the network parameters.
Knoppix>Internet and i am uncertain what more in 3.2 i havce 3.6...
if you try something with network...
btw do you have a modem or just a "hole in the wall"?
OErjan. can you just IM me via AIM. it would be much more convieniant.
BTW, only the 2nd command in your last post gave me feedback, and still the ethernet is not picking up internet connection.
I live in Houston. Maybe you can just fix my comp LOL. Ill ship it to you ^.^
you have PM