Hey, why me? I've already given the thoughts I had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
Printable View
Hey, why me? I've already given the thoughts I had.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Kuhman
I wish I could use the email/net storage idea. But I have a socket 939 mobo w/ onboard gigalan from nvidia which knoppix doesn' t seem to recognize. Being a newbie I don't know how to setup network devices at all.
I don't know how to resolve that either. Myself, I would stick another NIC in. I always keep some handy and they are cheap - heck, they were giving them away free today at CompUSA.Quote:
Originally Posted by blkmagic
Alternately, writing to CD's is sounding like a good idea, if the files are still there.
the 2.6 kernel seems to have more luck with newer NICs.
At boot type
knoppix26 other boot options if you use them
As for the files, Mabye for some reason they were marked as hidden or as a "protected system file"
Thanks for all the input guys, but this problem seems to magically fixed it self. After a few boots into Knoppix and accessing the files to verifify their integrity, Windows somehow can see and read all the files that I couldn't access before....go figure...