Ok it's been a while but today I was fiddling around with a few things and was able to change the file using this command..
sudo mount /dev/hd?? /mnt/hd??
sudo favorite_editor /mnt/hd??/etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
Now I am able to boot from hard drive fine with no problems.. well almost no problems..lol
First problem I have it that when I start up I get this error...
"/dev/hda2 has gone 49709 days without being checked, check forced"
This takes quite some time to complete and it happens everytime I boot up...
I was thinking that the problem coud be that it cant tell knoppix that it has already done the check once before because my hard drive is read only. So that leads to the next question..
How do I make my hard drive writable when the computer starts up?
And I notice I can change any file permissions or anything while logged in as knoppix user but I can change file permissions while in root user but that doesent help me since I cant change any files anyway hehe..
Hope you guys can help.
