-
Uli:
You can boot from a 3.6+ CD just fine. First, get a 3.6+ CD.
When you restart your Toshiba, and you see the Toshiba splash screen hit the RIGHT Arrow. this is the forced boot menu, the Second Icon is the CD/DVD on USB (Can your CD attach to USB? this would be better than using a PCMCIA slot.), get the line underneath it to turn yellow and hit Enter, this will force a boot from CD no matter what your BIOS settings are, I personally could never get mine to autoboot from a DVD. One of the other icons is for PCMCIA, it should be obvious but I don't want to reboot just to look for it's position.
If you have access from Windows there are some other things we could try with grub, etc., but 3.6 or 3.7 are the way to go since everything (except SD) will be recognized even in a default Knoppix boot.
If I can help further let me know.
Steele
-
Now I got a USB CD (Freecom Traveller II). Unfortunately, the Toshiba does not boot from CD. I tried the forced boot menu and BIOS
settings - neither worked. With the Toshiba PCMCIA CD, at least I get the Knoppix boot menu.
Uli