I am experimenting with NTFS partition.
I tried just copy the ntfs.o module to the initrd and load it but failed miserably. Will recompile a custom kernel with built-in NTFS support and try again.
Will let you know if I can make it work.
Printable View
I am experimenting with NTFS partition.
I tried just copy the ntfs.o module to the initrd and load it but failed miserably. Will recompile a custom kernel with built-in NTFS support and try again.
Will let you know if I can make it work.
Hi,
cloop and ntfs don't work together :( .
I have tried it some time ago with a NTFS partition:
modprobe cloop file=/mnt/hda1/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
and I get an oops:
kernel NULL pointer dereference
Ciao Martin
Just found out, too bad :cry:
I seem to remember using a DOS partition and LoadLin with Slackware Linux so I could reboot a WINDOZE box to Linux on the fly.
Do you think I could do this with the KNOPPIX file on c:\KNOPPIX as with the boot floppy option, just get rid of the floppy?
TIA,
Thanks for the verification guys. I tried it a few times and thought I was doing something wrong. I wonder if we could get a caution added to the faq about this not working with ntfs partitions.
Thanks again for your help,
Chuck
yes. You must extract vmlinuz and miniroot.gz from boot.imgQuote:
Originally Posted by A. Jorge Garcia
for ex. c:
C:\loadlin\loadlin.exe c:\vmlinuz lang=es screen=800x600 ramdisk_size=100000 init=/etc/init apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi vga=0x314 initrd=c:\miniroot.gz quiet BOOT_IMAGE=knoppix
I have edited linuxrc as in step .4 but nothing changes. hda1 remains read only. ro appears only twice in the script, so there are few possibilities of mistake.Quote:
Originally Posted by garyng
any further instructions or that is all?
thanks
that is the only thing I changed. Are you sure it is the modified miniroot.gz(thus the linuxrc) being loaded ? I usually put a line in it like "echo "gary's midification'" to make sure.
Quote:
Originally Posted by garyng
yes, I am sure. Thanks.
BTW, garyng, I was wondering the same thing (re: how did I become a KNOPPIX Master by just asking a ton of questions...!
Regards,