Knoppix can mount and read an NTFS partition just fine. The above bootfrom= should have worked; I do it on my WinXP machines all the time. I can only think of three possible reasons why it would not work:Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzofonts
1) /dev/hda1 is not the C:\ drive (that would be odd)
2) the image is not in the root directory on C:\
3) the image is not named knx.iso
If you want to explore this further, boot up Knoppix from the CD and then type the following:
and post the results.Code:cat /proc/partitions
fdisk -l /dev/hda
That's great news. You should be able to read and write to the FAT32 partition. There is a trick to doing that when you have your image on the same partition. I don't recall off the top of my head. But I'll post later when I am at a Windows machine. In short, it can be done and you don't have to repartition the FAT32 partition.Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzofonts
You specified the full filename and not a pattern. For some reason patterns are not working. If you wish to delve into the code and debug why this is, have a look at the script /etc/init.d/knoppix-autoconfigQuote:
Originally Posted by gonzofonts
BTW, I reread your original post and realized you are using Knoppix 3.9. I had some issues with 3.9, especially when using unionfs and apt-get. So, I moved back to 3.8.2. Just a heads up.
Regards,
- Robert
http://www.cwelug.org/
