Yes, and btw knoppix 402 includes now the noprompt fix you have been asking for: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...1796&start=276Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A.
Good luck and let me know if it is working for you.
Thanks, Gilles
Printable View
Yes, and btw knoppix 402 includes now the noprompt fix you have been asking for: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...1796&start=276Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert A.
Good luck and let me know if it is working for you.
Thanks, Gilles
Thanks. I didn't see that other thread (rather, didn't know what to look for). I downloaded the zip, but don't have the chance to try it immediately... Based on your excellent work, I am confident that all will be OK. :D
Update: I'm using it right now. All is OK. :D
This might be off-topic, but at least it's related:
I came across a Morphix Kiosk live CD that just runs Firefox - won't even allow a file save. Thought it might be useful. It runs OK from CD. So I thought I might put the *.iso on hard drive, and make it a boot option, the way that it was successfully done for Knoppix (as described above). Incidentally, I discovered Scribus on Knoppix, and it seems very useful.
Evidently, there is a trick involved in the 3 files that Grub must read before it can get into the *.iso. They cannot simply be extracted from the *.iso; I tried that, and I get a minimal Linux shell before it hates me and tells me to go away.
I don't expect anyone on this forum to do the work, but if there is some simple hack involved (some generic procedure that works), I'd appreciate knowing what to do, or at least a pointer. If it requires big-time knowledge, then no.
You have to use the kernel extracted from the iso. About the ramdisk (initrd_ntfs.gz) you will need to customize the one you have on the cd (minirt.gz) and patch the linuxrc boot scrip with the changes from the official knoppix minirt.gz. Then you will need to add/updates the tools in /static, change/update the soft links to use busybox and not ash, and kernel modules in /modules of the ramdisk. Hope this will help. Good luck, GillesQuote:
Originally Posted by Robert A.
Thanks. I'll try it. If successful, it is do to your excellent guidance; if not, it is because some people (such as myself) were not meant to fool with computers.