I have this very same problem. It seems there's indeed a file that still needs to be patched, though, it's read-only... Could use some assistance with this... :?Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam P
Printable View
I have this very same problem. It seems there's indeed a file that still needs to be patched, though, it's read-only... Could use some assistance with this... :?Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam P
wardriving isnt a crime at all
by law....its not illegal to map any ISM band devices location via any means eg. triangulation or transmitted beacon (war driving)
802.11b is an ISM band
the fact you called him a cracker for this tells me your an idiot who really doesnt understand knoppix anyway since it includes wardriving software
--Heh; yep, this is why the Slashdot crowd has the whole "hacker vs cracker" debate every so often. (Hacker = whitehat / greyhat, cracker = blackhat.)
--I guess I'm a bit sensitive even tho I don't run wireless; my server was being used without my authorization a couple of months ago for anon FTP storage, and I had to lock it down. :evil:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stonent
--Why don't you shut up before you embarrass yourself further, you grammar-challenged little Troll, and discover the fact that I'm one of the most helpful people on this board. :roll:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSovereign
FYI
kismet 2.6 is now on Knoppix 3.2
Hrmmmmm
Klause included Kismet in Knoppix, perhpaps he should be arrested for aiding criminals?
Perhaps the author of Kismet should be arrested for aiding criminals?
Perhaps YOU should be arrested for being a though criminal!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose
Why is using kismet a crime??? Why is using a software that pick up signals off the air a crime... if you don't want people to pick it up then don't broadcast it or at least encrypt it!!!!
BTW there are other legit uses for kismet as well....
min