-
My documents read only
Hi,
I have a similar issue although it was caused by something else. I took a Master HDD (which was running XP Home on it) out of a PC and put it into another PC as a slave. In that PC all files are accessible, except the my documents folder. Under XP I can neither see, nor copy files in that folder. Then I tried Knoppix to get to the files because I assumed that Knoppix will override the user rights settings from XP. I was able to see the files in My Documents, however, I could not copy them. It always produced an error. It said something like "Hard drive is read only".
How do I override these restrictions to copy my files out of My Documents with Knoppix? I tried to change the owner and access rights, but even Knoppix does not let me do it. Does Knoppix have any software included which I can use?
Cheers, T.
-
Have you made the destination disk writable? By default, knoppix sets all the drives it can access as read-only (including USB drives), they must be changed to read/write mode in order to copy stuff onto them. The only way I know how to do this is to right-click the appropriate icon on the knoppix desktop and click 'change read/write mode'.
I hope this helps.