I've tried that. Still didn't work. I can't get indows off now. I can't belive I even did that. I've tired the partion manager that comes with knppix and I still couldn't get rid of it.
Printable View
I've tried that. Still didn't work. I can't get indows off now. I can't belive I even did that. I've tired the partion manager that comes with knppix and I still couldn't get rid of it.
I just got it off =)
Now what dude 8)
Have you tried boot from the cd open console window and sudo mkfs /dev/hda1 to format the hda1 if that is where you installed and then mkswap for the hda6? Then installing.Quote:
Originally Posted by FUSiON Xbetas
Just did, didn't work, Think I Should install Knoppix without lilo and install lilo after I install?
Try it but make sure you make a boot floppy during the install to be able to boot the system.Quote:
Originally Posted by FUSiON Xbetas
how do I install lilo after I boot.
lilo -C path_to_your_lilo_conf
However, don't do it unless you know something about lilo as this is one of the few changes that can render your system totally unusable, except booting from floppy and CD-ROM. Messing around with MBR, boot sector (which is what lilo does) is very dangerous.
If you have installed on the boot drive (hda) then open a root console and /sbin/lilo will write lilo to the MBR (of hda).Quote:
Originally Posted by FUSiON Xbetas