For another cool game to include, Liquidwar
Printable View
For another cool game to include, Liquidwar
Add games. It's surprising how many nice simple games have been removed that were in v3.1.
What to remove: I would suggest you don't need 2 competing ofice packages, open office and Koffice, I would go with just open office. Not a put down on koffice, but for the stated goal it is redundant.
As to geek like stuff to remove, I would suggest some care here. There are some relatively small geek like tools that you might consider removing, like ethtool, but I would go for less used large programs first and keep some of the handy geek tools in, even if they can only be found from a shell and are not in the menu. Particulary tools that help you in checking your own configuration. Other geek tools like nmap might be fair game, but use care when removing such things.
And please try to be as true to Knoppix as you can. Morphix is supposed to be exactly this, Knoppix repackaged for various types of programs, including a game vertsion. But they seem to have move so far away from Knoppix that I can get Morphix working correctly while Knoppix works fine.
One thing they could do is make different CDs tailored to the needs of different types of people and how they're going to use it. Another thing they could do is just put the source code or an installer for some stuff. That way you don't waste all the space but you still have it. How about having a second CD for Knoppix?
One thing they have to change in 3.3, and they're dumb for doing this, they have to put QT Designer in there. Kdevelop is just useless without QT Designer.
A good game to have is KTron. And of course, you can't live without Kbounce. And you need a tetris. I personally like GnomeTris but any would do.