It's alway's a good idea to consult K.Knopper's own website before complaining:
http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix60-en.html
Take your big glasses and read:
andQuote:
....Here starting with speech support in text menu mode is set as default. That way, blind computer users can use the system without having to enter boot options blindly.
"Wer lesen kann ist klar im Vorteil" ;-) is in this context a little bit ambiguous hereQuote:
The system can easily be modified, so that it starts into graphics mode directly without having to type "knoppix" as boot option, by changing syslinux.cfg after having copied the CD to a bootable memorystick using "flash-knoppix":
Change the upper line
DEFAULT adriane
to:
DEFAULT knoppix
Klaus Knoppix is right to do this for "the visually impaired minority". I' m just a "silversurfer", but I don't break down when I have to do this hard work and type "knoppix"
I had some Problems too, with graphics, but I saw in the changelog (last sentence)
I can not exspect that in a beta-release all is perfect and I hope it works better with the bug-fix-release. Maybe there will be more cheatcodes available.Quote:
* V6.0.0-2009-01-27/ADRIANE V1.1 (see also: Release Notes at http://knopper.net/knoppix/knoppix60-en.html)
- Complete rebuild from scratch, based on Debian/lenny (draft)
- New boot procedure with highly parallelized hardware detection and configuration
- LXDE (http://www.lxde.org/) as default desktop
- OpenOffice 3.0.1
- Firefox/Iceweasel 3.0.5
- Starts blind-friendly, talking ADRIANE menu by default (use boot option "knoppix"
for directly starting into graphical desktop)
- Very reduced software collection in order to easily fit on CD
- NetworkManager (support for Debian /etc/network/interfaces enabled)
- "flash-knoppix": Create bootable Memorystick from CD
- Begin of porting Knoppix 5.x boot options and features to the new system (not complete yet)
